A FLAME-GRILLED PERi-PERi CELEBRATION OF NANDO'S QATAR, DOHA FESTIVAL CITY BRANCH





Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nando's

A couple of years ago since my first dinner at Nando's. I could still savor my initial taste of their flame-grilled peri-peri chicken. Their chicken livers and Portuguese roll are my staples whenever I dine to Nando's and when I feel a little bit extra, I feast on their Espetada and siders; yes, I loved it! 

Done with the back story, let's talk about my experience of their newly opened branch, food and service.

Last Tuesday, 8 August 2017, I was invited by Nando's through Instagram DM to join them on their Soft Launch at Doha Festival City. They're generous enough to give me passes, not just a plus-one but plus-three people to dine with me. So, I invited my la familia for a Flame-grilled Chicken PERi-PERi Night, not to mention but my Mom's a huge fan of Nando's since 2012. We were warmly welcomed and accompanied by the staffs to our reserved table as soon as we landed the halls of Nando's that night. 





The relaxed ambiance of the restaurant was brought by their dimmed lights, fancy-colored couch and aesthetically pleasing pastel green walls + art pieces. Nando's has a different themes in every branches but this one is by far my favorite. 






I ordered my staple Nando's appetizer, Chicken Livers in Lemon & Herbs PERi-PERi sauce and Portuguese Roll. Of course! Everyone in our table ordered the same dish. Lemon & Mint — perfectly blended  of fresh lemon juice, mint leaves, sugar and ice cubes — is my go-to drinks as well. 





We ordered two sets of Espetada — tender marinated chicken thighs and fresh peppers, served on skewer - and Espetada Carnical — flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken thighs stuffed with feta and parsley and skewered with mixed peppers - both in Lemon & Herbs sauce. For the sides, we got one spicy rice, two shredded corns,  and one chargrilled veggies. My Dad was too excited to eat that he already devoured one slice of the chicken before I took a photo. 





Ref: http://www.nandos.qa/about-us

Their PERi-PERi sauces are mouth-watering and divine. We're even buying their bottled PERi-PERi sauce and recreate their chicken livers for our home-cooked meals. That's how addicting their spiced sauces are. BOMB!






Their Cataplana dishes are what I'm looking forward to try that night. We only ordered one kind which is the Cataplana Originale that was served in an authentic copper dish with PERi-PERi chicken thighs, grilled seasonal vegetables, spicy rice and cataplana sauce. My taste-buds loved it so much especially their well-done chicken and freshly grilled vegetables + rich in spices. 






Room for desserts? These custard tart with interesting name "Natas" topped off my meal for the night. Scrumptiously creamy and tempting that I literally devoured it within a couple of minutes. 







OVERALL NANDO'S DOHA FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE? YAY OR NAY?

 

YAAAAAAAY! 

πŸ’› The place is great to spend a fancy lunch or dinner with family, friends or even enjoying it alone. 

πŸ’› The food is real goodness and delish (especially their Cataplana Dish and Chicken Livers). I'm not a fan of their medium-rare cooked chicken wings because I like my chicken to be well done.

πŸ’› The staffs are accommodating and attentive. Also, they greet the costumers with a genuine smiles.




Work. Socialize. Eat.




FOR MORE NANDO'S UPDATES:

Contact No.: +974 4436 0606

Facebook: @nandosqatar
Instagram: @nandosqatar
Zomato: Nando's Qatar
Location: Doha Festival City



s n a p s h o t s


My family enjoyed the food and the night. It's a great bonding for us πŸ’•



SusanaLennie JoseGlenda Sera, Sarah Jean


Lennie JoseDarlene MadridEllaine RegalaGerald Sarmiento






o u t f i t  o f  t h e  n i g h t


Top: Uniqlo | Purse: Michael Kors | Trousers: Splash | Shoes: Shoe Mart





 Thank you so much for dropping by.


Love,


d a n i  πŸ’› 



Comments

Most Read!

#ZomatoCon : FIRST EVER BLOGGER CONFERENCE IN DOHA

MEESH CAFE: A SNEAK PEEK OF THEIR NEW MENU

SELF-LOVE ON STRESSFUL DAYS